SSI Open Water Scuba Certification
SeaVentures teaches SSI classes, with the largest retail space in the southeast and the most experienced instructors in Georgia. We’ve been certifying open water scuba divers in the Atlanta area since 1990.
Want to try it out before you commit to the whole certification? Click here to learn more about our Try Scuba class – just $50!
If you’re looking at getting open water certified, here are the requirements to complete it with SeaVentures:
Steps to Certification
- Log in to MySSI, build a profile, and affiliate with SeaVentures.
- Come in for an orientation (approximately 1 hour) for paperwork and gear.
- Complete the RSTC Medical Statement, which must be printed and completed for class. If any lines are marked “Yes”, a Physician’s approval is required.
- Complete Digital Learning prior to class.
- Attend two to four days of class at the shop (depending on class format), consisting of:
- Water Fitness Evaluation
- Confined Water Dives (practicing skills)
- Interactive Learning Sessions
- Final Exam
- Finish with open water checkout dives – Demonstrating skills in open water (Four dives over two days total)
Ready to get started? Take a look at the benefits of getting your open water certification with SeaVentures below. Already know you’re coming to us? Give us a call at 770-992-3772 ASAP for additional information and to reserve your spot in the next class!
You must be 10 years old or older to become open water scuba certified. Children 8 years old and up may participate in Scuba Rangers, which is a confined water program designed to prepare children for their open water certification once they turn ten. Click here for more information on Scuba Rangers.
Perks of SSI Open Water Certification
- Your certification will never expire!
- SSI certifications are recognized everywhere!
- 70% of the world is underwater – get to see places that most people only dream of!
Don’t forget to watch the Gear Prep Video once you have your gear before your first class!
Click here to watch the gear prep video.