SeaVentures teaches both SSI and PADI classes, with the largest retail space in the southeast and the most experienced instructors in Georgia. We’ve been certifying open water scuba divers in the Atlanta area since 1990.
If you’re looking at getting open water certified, here are the requirements to complete it with SeaVentures:
Steps to Certification
- Log in to MySSI, build a profile, and affiliate with SeaVentures.
- Come in for an orientation (approximately 1 hour) for paperwork and gear.
- Complete the RSTC Medical Statement, which must be printed and completed for class. If any lines are marked “Yes”, a Physician’s approval is required.
- Complete Digital Learning prior to class.
- Attend two to four days of class at the shop (depending on class format), consisting of:
- Water Fitness Evaluation
- Confined Water Dives (practicing skills)
- Interactive Learning Sessions
- Final Exam
- Finish with open water checkout dives – Demonstrating skills in open water (Four dives over two days total)
Ready to get started? Take a look at the benefits of getting your open water certification with SeaVentures below. Already know you’re coming to us? Give us a call at 770-992-3772 ASAP for additional information and to reserve your spot in the next class!