SeaVentures has the largest retail space in the southeast and the most experienced instructors in Georgia. We’ve been certifying open water divers students in the Atlanta area since 1990.
Here are the requirements for completing an open water certification with SeaVentures!
Steps to Certification
- Come in for a 1-2 hour orientation for paperwork and gear.
- Complete the PADI Medical Statement, which must be printed and completed for class. If any lines are marked “Yes”, a Physician’s approval is required.
- Complete Knowledge Development before class at the shop
- Book work and videos OR E-Learning online work and videos
- Come to two-three days of class at the shop (depending on class format), consisting of:
- Swim Test (Tread water for 10 minutes + swim 200 yards)
- Confined Water Dives (practicing skills)
- Practice Quizzes
- Final Exam
- Finish with open water checkout dives – Demonstrating skills in open water (4 dives total)
Perks of PADI Open Water Certification
- Your certification will never expire!
- PADI certifications are recognized everywhere!
- 70% of the world is underwater – get to see places that most people only dream of!
Ready to get started? Take a look at the benefits of getting your open water certification with SeaVentures below. Already know you’re coming to us? Give us a call at 770-992-3772 ASAP for additional information and to reserve your spot in the next class!