The SSI Perfect Buoyancy program teaches you the skills and techniques needed to maximize your dive experience, increase your comfort in the water, and get the most from your equipment.
Excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings.
You can achieve this, too. This course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level.
During two pool OR open water dives, you’ll learn how to:
– Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
– Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
– Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
– Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
In order to take Perfect Buoyancy, you must be 10 years old or older and possess a minimum certification of Open Water Diver.
To complete this specialty will require the following:
– Completion of Online Digital Learning Materials
– One Classroom Session
– 3 Open Water Dives where a depth between 60 and 100 feet is available (call us to confirm which trips would be best!)
You can begin this class today by registering at the link below. We’ll send you the online materials via the mySSI app & contact you to schedule the classroom portion.
Back to SSI Specialties Page