Many of the ocean’s best dive sites have artificial reefs, or wrecks that have sunk through the ages. The SSI Wreck Diving course gives you the skills and knowledge required to safely scuba dive above and around these underwater treasures.
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. During this course, you’ll learn:
– Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks
– Surveying and mapping a wreck
– Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration
– Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
You must be 10 years old or older and have a minimum certification level of Open Water Diver to complete the SSI Wreck Diving course. It requires a class room session, and two open water dives.
To complete this specialty will require the following:
– Completion of Online Digital Learning Materials
– One Classroom Session
– Two Open Water Dives (Call us at 770-992-3772 to discuss which trips are best to complete these dives on!)
You can begin this class today by registering at the link below. We’ll send you the online materials via the mySSI app & contact you to schedule the classroom portion.
Back to SSI Specialties Page